It wasn’t long ago that I visited Yahoo!’s UI Library and thought to myself, “Why would I want to develop inside of grid and constrain myself like that?” More recently, however, I was re-introduced to the YUI and “forced” to use it. And guess what? Its not bad!
The benefits of using the YUI:
- Very browser/platform compatible
- Highly tested and documented
- Here to stay
- Grids allow faster development
- Yahoo! allows you to download the files or leave them on the Yahoo! servers and let them host the files!
- Some of the most respected sites out there are using it
So in the short time I’ve been using it you can see that I’ve really come to like it. I suggest using this resource because at least you know that a team of professionals are getting paid to create this stuff and use it for their own company and are offering it open source. Plus 1 for Yahoo!.